Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 27, 2022 at 5:53 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, May 27, 2022

Discipleship is a journey not a destination. It is a journey you can not make alone. Your relationship with God/Christ is very personal, but never private. We were created for community with God and others. All Discipleship is relational. It is about believing, beholding, belonging, being, and blessing others.

Banded discipleship, in my view, is the most mature form of relational discipleship. As JD says, it is not about you. It is about others and the World around us that is crying out for solutions and hope. JD’s mention of Kid’s schools in today’s commentary is particularly relevant given the horrific events that occurred at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde Texas. Where is the Body of Christ in this issue?

It is about advancing the Kingdom of God in a way that does not occur “through singing songs in anonymous crowds on Sunday mornings…”. Nor is not about a traditional small group that meets for fellowship and a DVD driven Bible study. There is nothing wrong with these gatherings and they serve a purpose, but they don’t go deep enough. The level of intimacy and accountability for Christlike living in the world is not high enough. I encourage to follow the link in today’s Daily Text and consider forming a Band. If you have questions or need help, don’t hesitate to call me.