Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 29, 2022 at 6:13 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, May 29, 2022

There are many “life verses” in Colossians, but not many new epiphanies for me because I have read this letter so many times. My favorite life verse is Colossians 3:3, “For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.” The one new revelation that stands out to me is Colossians 3:11, “a renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave and freeman, but Christ is all, and in all.” The phrase “Christ is all, and in all” gained new meaning for me as a result of this reading.

I have always said that if one can grasp the mystery of God, “which is Christ in you, the hope of Glory” (Colossians 1:27), then you will gain knowledge and understanding of the Gospel. Paul uses the phrase “in Christ” over and over again in his letters to both distinguish believers from others and to unify us as one in Christ. However, this reading of the phrase “Christ is all, and in all” made me realize that because Christ is all, He is really in everyone. He is the thumbprint of the Creator that is in all. He is the “God-shaped vacuum in the heart of each man which cannot be satisfied by any created thing but only by God the Creator, made know through Jesus Christ” (Blaise Pascal). Our role is to awaken both believers, because many have fallen asleep, and non-believers to this reality. The best way we can do this is by modeling the Christ in us by showing compassion and loving others, and by sharing the Word (Truth) with them.

This is why I share the Seedbed Daily Text with you and others. It is more than a devotional. It is the Word of God presented in a way “to cause people to engage it, interact around it, and do it.” It is the interaction with others and doing it that makes it more powerful than a feel good devotional. This is why I encourage you to read, reflect, record, and share your thoughts with others in our Band and to consider starting your own Seedbed Daily Text Bands. This is an awakening movement not a reading program. Won’t you get on the bandwagon (pun intended) and join the movement?