Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 30, 2022 at 6:31 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, May 30, 2022

We are all ministers of God’s reconciliation and ambassadors for Christ, wether we recognize it or not (2 Corinthians 5:18-20). I believe my ministry is teaching and shepherding. I serve others by helping them grow spiritually into mature adults and spiritual parents equipped for works of service and the building up of the Body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-12). That is my calling and I am doing all that I can do to complete it.

The most challenging question for me is “What might it look like for your ministry to be raised to the level of Jesus—to go lower in stature and higher in power?”. I have actually been praying about that a lot recently. I have asked that I would be more humble in my teaching and shepherding; that my words would always be with Grace as seasoned with salt (Colossians 4:6); that I would have “a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience” (Colossians 3:12); and above all that I would show a profound love of others (Colossians 3:14).

I am not sure what this would actually look like. The last thing I want to do is to comprise the Truth of God’s Word or tickle their ears, but I think it involves less of me and more of Him. I think it involves forbearance, forgiveness and Holy Love. I think it involves listening to the Holy Spirit and doing what He says. Lord let it be so with me.