Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 3, 2022 at 6:29 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, June 3, 2022

Doctrine without demonstration is merely dogma, having a form of religion while denying its supernatural power (2 Timothy 3:5). It is merely a set of beliefs that is accepted by the members of a group without being questioned or doubted. Real Christianity is more than a set of beliefs. As we have discussed many times in this group, it is a matter of belonging, beholding, being and doing. As Matt Walsh (2020) describes it in Church of Cowards: a wake up call to complacent Christians “A religion of “belief” is a religion of passivity and speculation. It is a religion that requires no effort, no sacrifice, no personal involvement of any kind. It is a religion that only asks you to assent to the reality, or possibility, of a Divine Being” (p.28). Do not read this book if you don’t want to be awakened.

Doing (obedience) walking the talk (beliefs) is what separates real Christians (Christ Followers) from complacent or nominal Christians and non believers. It doesn’t have to be as dramatic as the example JD gives in today’s Daily Text reading, although it certainly can be. It can be just a simple demonstration or manifestation of the power of the Holy Spirit and the love of Christ demonstrated through the Body of Christ (Us).

For example, yesterday Ann (My God given partner in Ministry) and I were having breakfast in Palmers, one of our favorite restaurants on Saint Simons Island. There was a young couple with two Children sitting next to us. The Holy Spirit prompted us to speak to them. That act of obedience resulted in an opportunity to share our faith with them. Then we were prompted to check in on two friends in need and this simple act of kindness and concern allowed us to share the hope we have in Christ with them. It’s a matter of being who you believe in (incarnation) and then doing what He says through the power of the Holy Spirit (demonstration). I am ready for more of that!