Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 5, 2022 at 5:53 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, June 5, 2022

The word “all” is what has jumped out for me in reading this passage now and before. They were “all” together and they “all” received the Holy Spirit and I assume they “all”began speaking in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them. The reason this always sticks out to me is that I don’t speak in tongues nor do I have a special “prayer language.” If you use this, as some do, as a litmus test for the Holy Spirit, then I have not received the Holy Spirit when I believed (Acts 19:2).

What I have learned is that the Holy Spirit’s communication and demonstration does not always result in speaking in a foreign tongue, although I believe it can. I believe we “all” receive the gift of the Holy Spirit when we believe, repent, and are baptized in the name of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:38). However, we all do not listen and respond to the Holy Spirit. We do not allow ourselves to be a demonstration of the Holy Spirit’s power.

In my life, this happens when I depend on my own power and resources, and when I try to control the agenda. When I am the weakest and when I am completely abandoned to God, the Holy Spirit shows up and does miraculous things through me for God’s Glory (2 Corinthians 12:9). Sometimes it is through teaching or preaching the Gospel not in a foreign tongue, but in a winsome and clear way that resonates and communicates. Sometimes it is in simple acts of obedience. Lord let this happen more often in my life!