Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 12, 2022 at 6:30 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, June 12, 2022

To be honest, after last week’s South Georgia Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church and the hypocritical and diabolical breach of trust by centrist and progressives on the Transitional Leadership Council in terms of support for The Protocol for Reconciliation and Grace Through Separation, faith, hope, and love are not rising up in me. I am ready for rebellion against a form of religion that has lost it way. I am ready to set sails. My apologies to those readers that are not part of the Methodist Denomination.

As far as how the sails might need to be reset, JD nailed it, “We need not return to the first century church but to restore the 21st century church. This will come by Word and Spirit and the recovery of plain Scriptural Christianity. We must cease fiddling with forms and fads. We must find each other again, not as so many churches but as “Church.” We must cease chasing after phenomenology and begin to run after Jesus on the path of the race marked out for us.”

As far as how me and my household are going to reset our sails, I don’t need the United Methodist Church’s permission to do so. I am going to seek out a community of faith that is centered on Christ and Scriptural Holiness not a denomination seeking cultural acceptance by catering to human sensibilities. I am going to be a partner in Ministry with a church that is focused on the mission of Christ, making Disciples and becoming more like Christ for the sake of others. Above all, me and my Household will serve The Lord Jesus Christ and the Church he is building not a man made institution.