Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 13, 2022 at 6:32 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, June 13, 2022

I would add water and fire to the interpolation that occurred on the day of Pentecost and it occurs every time someone believes and repents (Acts 2:38). John the Baptist baptized with water, but Jesus baptizes us with the Holy Spirit and Fire (Matthew 3:11).

As I ponder the differences in Heaven and Earth, Wind and water, Breath and dust, and
    New creation into fallen creation, and water and fire, they are significant. Without this interpolation, insertion of something of a different nature into something else, we would be lost, dead in our trespasses, and powerless. With the insertion of the Holy Spirit and Fire from above, we have the power to change the World and indeed the early Church did just that.

My lament is why did that power stop? Why is the Church in America largely a form of religion without the power and fire there of. How did we get to this point. Why did the fire go out? If you study Church History, you will find it has been going out ever since the day of Pentecost. The only thing I can come up with is that we stopped believing and repenting, the two prerequisites for the receiving and the application of the power of the Holy Spirit to effect transformational change.

So what can we do about this? It has almost become trite, but “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land” (2 Chronicles 7:14). Also, as JD said yesterday, we must reset our sails to catch the Wind (Spirit); we must restore the apostolic genius of the First Century Church (Holy Spirit Fire); we must find each other again, not as so many churches but as “Church.” I pray that out of the ashes of the United Methodist Church will emerge such a Church, the will join the Church universal that Jesus is building. I pray for a great awakening and interpolation of the Holy Spirit and Fire from above.