Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 16, 2022 at 6:12 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, June 16, 2022

The idea of celebrating the birthday of the the big C Church is a good one, but I have never seen it done that it wasn’t a production with all the usual trappings of a community wide ceremony. The closest that I have come to this is an ecumenical community wide Sunday evening service. I have also participated in a community wide candle light service at Christmas, but this was done in a very small town. All the churches would gather and then go to the courthouse square for the service. My current community of faith takes one Sunday off every year to serve the community in various ways, but it ends with a Church Service in the Park.

In the past, the best way to mobilize the people of God in a community was through their pastors and the Local Ministerial Association, but fewer and fewer communities have an Association of Churches and if they exist, they are not very well known or supported. We are all too busy promoting our little C churches. I don’t sense much interest in the one Church or its Birthday. It is not an event we celebrate publicly. The only way that I think you could organize such an assembly is to work through individuals and conduct the gatherings in their neighborhoods. I am curious as to how JD orchestrated these events, so I plan to ask him.