Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 17, 2022 at 6:01 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, June 17, 2022

I think I know where JD is headed with this, but I will stay focused on what are the problems before we get to the problem. The problems in our twenty first century world are pretty much the same as Peter and John’s. Poverty is a constant problem, the poor are always with us (Matthew 26:11). Poverty and low educational attainment levels are highly correlated to most of our socioeconomic problems. Addiction to drugs, alcohol, gambling, sex, power, possessions, and pleasure is nothing new. Crime and human trafficking were also prevalent in Peter and John’s day. Divorce, Homelessness and child abuse were also a problem. Even abortion, infanticide, was prevalent in the day of Pentecost and the Roman World.

So the problems are the same and I suspect the problem is the same. Evil has been present since the beginning of time even in the Garden of Eden. What seems to be different to me is the intensity of evil and how common place it has become in just my life time. This suggests to me that for a time in America, perhaps during the age of Christendom, we were making some progress in the war against evil, but now the age of Christendom is over and the flood gates have been opened again. So what is the problem, the root cause, of all these problems? I look forward to our discovery and discussion.