Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 18, 2022 at 6:22 am

Are y’all tracking with us on this matter?

The Seedbed Daily Text, June 18, 2022

I figured this was where JD was headed because I have read the rest of the story many times and pondered its meaning: “But Peter said, “I do not possess silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you: In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene-walk!” And seizing him by the right hand, he raised him up; and immediately his feet and his ankles were strengthened. With a leap he stood upright and began to walk; and he entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God” (Acts 3:6-8).

I have many “Linda Stories” in my life and they all follow the same pattern that JD described in his reflection today. I see someone in need; I either walk away as I am sure many others at the football field did; or I render some immediate assistance and then walk away. There is no miraculous or immediate healing of the person’s problem. This, I suppose is what JD calls the “wicked problem.”

I have some other “good Samaritan” stories in my life time where I went beyond the immediate needs to help someone. Not only did I bind their wounds, but I witnessed the love of Christ for them and put them on a path to recovery, but I still did not address the real problems they had other than sowing some seeds of kindness and mercy and then I moved on with my life. There was no immediate miraculous healing. If this is still the wicked problem, then I/we have a form of religion/faith without the power. I pray this is not the case.