Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 19, 2022 at 6:24 am

Happy Father’s Day everybody! “What the world needs is Jesus” is a common reframe to address all the problems we have been cataloging. I think that one of the best ways to give the world more Jesus is to raise up and equip Godly Fathers to be the Spiritual leaders of their families. I am the oldest living patriarch in the Mills Family and Garfield Cannon is the oldest living patriarch in the Cannon Family. Please pray today that all the Fathers in our Family will be Godly Fathers and spiritual leaders.

The Seedbed Daily Text, June 19, 2022

Who is Christ is an important question. I like the way today’s Wake Up Call puts it, “Who then is He? He is the Word become flesh, God become man, the Eternal manifesting Himself in time, God simplified, God approachable, God lovable,” but my answer is always what Peter said when Jesus asked him that question. The same answer appears in all the synoptic Gospels, but I like the way Matthew records it in Matthew 16:16, “Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

If you research this question, you will find that “Christ” is not Jesus’ last name (surname). “Christ” comes from the Greek word Christos, meaning “anointed one” or “chosen one.” This is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew word Mashiach, or “Messiah.” “Jesus” is the Lord’s human name given to Mary by the angel Gabriel (Luke 1:31). “Christ” is His title, signifying Jesus was sent from God to be a King and Deliverer (see Daniel 9:25; Isaiah 32:1). “Jesus Christ” means “Jesus the Messiah” or “Jesus the Anointed One” (gotquestions.org).

Once we understand who He is, we need to understand what it means to be “In Christ.” I always answer that question with Colossians 3:3, “For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.” I have ordered a copy of the E. Stanley Jones reader, In Christ, and I look forward to reading and exploring these daily devotions and the Daily Text reflections each Sabbath. What a great Sabbath meditation to add to our Lord’s Day spiritual rhythm.