Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 20, 2022 at 6:48 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, June 20, 2022

We are there with Peter and John wether we recognize it or not. The problems are everywhere. We can’t escape them even in our gated suburban communities, malls, schools and churches. We are deeply divided about what to do about these problems. The most common approach is helping with money and more government programs, which I definitely believe is hurting. Very few of us are focused on relationships and helping people find the way out of their problems.

So JD has finally identified the “wicked problem” for us to consider, “And this brings up the real wicked problem. Poverty is not really an economic problem but a relational one. People are poor not primarily because they lack financial resources but because they lack meaningful access and belonging to a redemptive community.” If I understand this correctly, Churches, the Body of Christ, you and I are usually willing to help people, but we are not willing to have a transcendent relationship with them and incorporate them into our redemptive communities. Is that what he is saying?