Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 23, 2022 at 7:00 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, June 23, 2022

As I ponder today’s text and JD’s commentary and update on his Dad’s cancer, several things occur to me. First, I get the collapsed triangle approach to prayer. Peter told the beggar (a neighbor in need), “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you.” Then he prayed expectant and directly not that the power of Jesus in Heaven would heal him, but that the power of Jesus that he (Peter) had living within him would heal. Peter was not an advocate for healing, he was the instrument of healing in this case (Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father [John 14:12]).

The issue that I have with today’s Text, is that it rarely happens this way today. I have prayed directly, expectantly in the name of Jesus, and laid hands on people many times and they did not jump up and start praising God. I have seen whole groups of people and many that are far more spiritual than me pray in this manner and nothing happened immediately. I am not saying it can’t happen. I am just saying that I have not witnessed this type of healing outside of an environment that was manipulative and highly suspect.

This brings up the second thing that grabbed me this morning. After reading JD’s thoughts on this new way (New Testament way) of praying, he gives us an update on his father’s cancer, “Good News: The pathology report was completely clean. Cancer Free!! Praise Jesus and thank you for your prayers.” He asked for prayer weeks ago, and I and others have been praying, but there was no immediate miraculous on the spot healing, but it was still a healing and we are praising God, Amen! I have witnessed this type of healing prayer many times. Perhaps, this is the way God heals today. It doesn’t change the way we pray, but it does change how God chooses to heal through us. In many cases, modern medicine is the instrument God uses to answer our prayers. Sometimes it is a combination. JD may differ with me tomorrow, what about you?