Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 24, 2022 at 6:51 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, Friday June, 24, 2022

What do I have to offer others? Do I have everything that Jesus has? I believe JD is pushing a bit on this point. I know I have Jesus living in my heart and I am fairly certain that I am living (abiding) in Christ most of the time. By the way, I am really looking forward to reading through E. Stanley Jones’s In Christ to learn more about what it means to live in Christ. As Jones says in the introduction to his book, “every thought, every aspiration, every act, every reaction, all one’s possessions, all one’s relationships are either in Christ or outside of Christ. If they are in Christ, they have eternal life; if outside Christ, they have eternal death.” This is definitely a bold and profound statement. No compromises, no middle ground. You are either in or you are out. If it is not true, it does not matter; if it is true, then nothing else matters.

But I digress, what do I have to offer and do I have all that Jesus has. If I am honest, my answer is no I don’t have all that Jesus has. He is the Christ (Savior), the Son of God (Matthew 16:16), and I am not. Maybe JD or the Holy Spirit can convince me otherwise. What I do have is myself and I can give you that. I have the Word and the hope of glory, which is Christ in me; I can share that with you (Colossians 1:27). I also have been given Grace, a measure of faith, and spiritual gifts that have been given to me by the Holy Spirit; I can share that with you (Romans 12:3, 1 Corinthians 12:7). I have the ability to pray; I can share that with you. Above all, I have the love of Christ (Holy Love); I can share that with you. But, I don’t believe I have the spiritual gift of physical healing that Peter had. Therefore, I cannot give you that. What say you to that?