Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 27, 2022 at 6:11 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, June 27, 2022

I have already shared my thoughts on this form of prayer, straight line versus triangulation, so I want repeat myself. I already pray in this form most of the time. It reminds me of the Matthew West praise song, Do Something! In this song he is crying out to God to do something about the broken World we live in and God says, “I did, I created you.” This is the same concept as straight line prayer. It’s faith in action. It’s putting feet on our prayers.

As I pondered this, I thought does God heal or address “problems” in this World even if we don’t pray directly or act in faith? Does He need us to act, step out on faith, before He will act. I would answer no, but He chooses to act through us. We are His chosen instruments of grace, truth, justice, mercy, hope, and yes healing. I think the preponderance of Scripture will bear me out on this point.

The Spirit of God is within each of us, so if you don’t like what you see in your life, your home, your community, your world, go change it. This reminds me of another one of my favorite contemporary worship songs, Go light Your World (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVqR6kTu8lE). There is a fire, a candle burning within the soul of every born again believer, so take your candle, go into the darkness and light your world.