Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 28, 2022 at 5:21 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, June 28, 2022

I agree with the practice of “straight line” prayer, although I have witnessed the “name it-claim it” and the “Messiah complex” approach. My only problem with this approach is when we get to thinking we are God. Jesus began His prayer by thanking God the Father for hearing Him. He knew this, but He wanted to make sure the people knew that the power came from the Father not Him. Now, all authority in Heaven and on earth has been given to God the Son (Matthew 28:18). Therefore, our authority comes from Him and we should always remember that and be careful to pray in the name of Jesus. He has chosen to work through me, but it is still Him that is doing the work and He is the one who should get the glory not me.

Now JD is suggesting that we “expand your way of praying to include calling out to people in their various challenging life situations in the power of the Spirit and in the name of Jesus with words the Spirit stands ready to breathe through you for their sake.” This is an even bolder form of prayer, but it is desperately needed. As JD says, there are many people who are “far from dead but who need to “come forth” from the grave their life has become.” I call them the vertically dead. I pray for these people all the time, but it is the “calling them out” that I find difficult. Come Holy Spirit give me the courage and the words to say to the vertically dead that are all around. Help me to speak your Truth to them in your love so that they may come forth from the grave their life has become.