Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 5, 2022 at 6:02 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, July 5, 2022

I know about and teach about Jesus through reading and studying the Bible. I understand the Bible and I know Jesus, The Man, through the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit that lives within me. The inspiration for my reflections recorded here and my actions come from the Holy Spirit that Jesus asked the Father to send to me (John 14:16) to teach me and remind me of everything Jesus taught and did. When I release control (surrender and submit) to the Holy Spirit, I live a Spirit filled Christ like life in loving union with God and others. My goal in this life is to die to my false self and have my true self hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3).

It is all about Jesus, but the issue for me is why do I not live in Christ all the time? Why have I not reached my goal in this life? Some say it is not possible to do so until Jesus returns, so I should not worry about it, but that sounds like a cop out to me and an excuse to keep on sinning. I will trust that He (Jesus) who began this good work in me will finish it (Philippians 1:6) and I will just keep pressing on to perfection by focusing on Jesus and doing what He tells me to do.