Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 7, 2022 at 6:46 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, July 7, 2022

There are several important prerequisites in today’s Text that jump out at me. If I /we want to be His Witnesses and His Church; If we want to have rivers of living waters flowing from within us; there are three requirements. The first is, are you thirsty. The people in Jesus’s day and especially the beggar lame from birth were definitely thirsty. They were living under Roman occupation, in abject poverty, and without all of the modern conveniences and health care resources we take for granted. They were hungry, thirsty, and looking for a messiah, a savior, to redeem them from their suffering.

In my discipleship ministry, the lack of a sense of urgency (Holy Discontent) with the way things are and with where one is in terms of spiritual maturity and busyness with worldly priorities are the greatest detriments to having rivers of living waters flowing out of us as His Disciples. We are simply not thirsty, we are not hungry, and we are not looking for a redeemer. It usually takes a crisis of faith or brokenness by God to wake us up.

This leads me to the other two requirements. We have to come to Him and drink. If we are thirsty; If we have a Holy discontent; and If we realize that we are desperately in need of a redeemer; then we must believe that Jesus is the answer, the truth and the only way out of our situation. We must turn to Him and open the doors of our hearts to Him and He will come into us. We also must drink the living waters, which I believe is the Word, before it will begin to flow out of us for the sake of others. Believe, Behold, Belong, and Bless others. It is both simple and profound, if we will just trust and obey. Lord, let it be so with me!