Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 8, 2022 at 5:59 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, July 8, 2022

Are you encountering Jesus today? Is the gap of time and eternity closing for you and a new horizon opening? Describe this experience.  Yes, I encounter Jesus everyday through the Holy Spirit that lives within me. He closes the gap between my false self and my true self hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3). I get distracted and caught up in the things of this world, but the Holy Spirit always brings me back to my center (Jesus) and He reminds me who I am; whose I am; and why I am here. I can’t escape Him no matter how hard I may try.

I encounter Jesus in other Christ Followers that I encounter. “The Spirit of Jesus in me greets the Spirit of Jesus in you and brings us together in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, amen.” This is why assembling together on a regular basis is so important, especially small home groups and even smaller bands. Our journey is not a solo journey and we can’t do life in the Spirit alone.

I also encounter Jesus in the non-believers, agnostics, and even the Atheist that I meet. “Christ is All, and is in All” (Colossians 3:11). This is the hardest encounter for me to accept. Quite frankly, I find it very hard to see Jesus in some of these people. When I encounter them, I feel as though I have encountered evil and that I need to wash my hands, dust my feet off and move on. I am reluctant to cast pearls before swine. In some cases, I believe this is the appropriate response because some people are truly filled with the Spirit of evil. Lord, grant me spiritual discernment.