Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 9, 2022 at 6:58 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, July 9, 2022

I was inspired by Edi and Louisa’s boldness for sharing the Gospel (evangelizing) with those who need it the most. It is hard not for me not to compare myself to them. I don’t seek out the lost, the homeless, and the broken hearted. I don’t baptize people in my bath tub at home, mainly because I am part of a denomination that only permits the “ordained” to perform the sacraments of Communion and Baptism, but that is a discussion for another day.

I think we inadvertently hold up these dramatic extraordinary types of “Holy Spirit”stories as the model, but I don’t think we are all called as evangelist, some of us are apostles, some are prophets, and some are pastors and teachers (Ephesians 4:11). We are all called to be His Witnesses and the Church (His Arms and Legs), but we are not all called to the same ministry and service to the Kingdom. My Holy Spirit stories are not about evangelism, but they are no less important. I speak Jesus through my pastoring (counseling) and teaching (discipleship).

There a couple of other things that caught my attention in today’s reading. First, Louisa said that the woman that she was “evangelizing” was a “person of peace” (Luke 10:6). That is sound advice from Jesus for those who are called as evangelist.

The second, is that Edi says she wants to speak Jesus everywhere she goes. She suggests that the place to start is in our homes and our churches. I couldn’t agree more. You don’t have to go out into the streets to evangelize. You can speak Jesus, tell the story He has given you, everywhere you go and a good place to start is in your home and in your church. Lord let it be so with me!