Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 16, 2022 at 5:58 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, July 16, 2022

Wow, hallelujah, praise God! I still have Holy Spirit goose bumps as I reflect on this story and try to share my response. Anchor buddies, this is how God works through us for the sake of others. My “River” story is similar, although not near as dramatic, but it still illustrates the point of our discussion this week, especially my point about being called.

Earlier this week, I received a request from our Youth Director to attend a worship service for college age young people. The focus was on our Heavenly Father and our relationship with our earthly fathers. He wanted to have some Godly Fathers present to pray a blessing over these students. This is definitely out of my comfort zone. Normally, I would have declined, but the Holy Spirit spoke immediately to me and said go, so with some reservation, I immediately said I would be there. I went to the service last night. Only two young men sought me out for individual prayer, but I felt like God worked through me to bless them.

There are several important points to both of these River stories that jump out to me. First, we were both ready to be used by God. This is why it is so important for us to be mature disciples. Secondly, we both had an intimate relationship with Christ through the working of the Holy Spirit within us. We know His voice and can quickly disregard all the other voices including our own. Thirdly, we were both obedient. We put our faith into action. Finally and very importantly in the story that JD shared, there was follow up, which I hope to do with these two young men.

So, Do you know of anyone in a similar situation as was told in this story? No. Do you tend to let your feeling of being ill-equipped keep you from walking into the midst of it? Yes, but not when I hear the Holy Spirit saying just go. Does this story increase your faith to head down river? You betcha!