Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 17, 2022 at 5:44 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, July 17, 2022

When I read today’s devotion from In Christ, I am immediately reminded of what Jesus told Thomas in John 14:6, “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.” So Jesus (Christianity) is the only way, it is the only life, and it is the only truth. It is my destiny and every other human being’s destiny. One might question, If The Way (Jesus) is built into our DNA, why do we have to choose this path and why doesn’t everyone choose this path?

The answer is that God/Jesus also created us with free will, a fundamental doctrine of our faith. He did not create us as robots. Everyone has to choose the Way on their own. For those of us who have made that choice our number one job is to tell others all about Jesus and the Way.

This flies in the face of our postmodern culture. It is considered arrogant, bigoted, narrow minded, and intolerant. The postmodern culture and many in our churches today no longer believe that Christ is the only begotten Son of God and that He is the only Way. They teach that there are many paths and ways and that all of them are equally good. I think this is why Jesus also said, that the gate to His Kingdom is narrow and few will find it (Matthew 7:14).