Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 20, 2022 at 5:58 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, July 20, 2022

Since JD won’t let me say both, I must confess that I am a planner. I believe that those who fail to plan, plan to fail. However, I have learned that the “best laid plans of mice and men often go awry” (Robert Burns) and that “Life is what happens to you while you are planning other things” (John Lennon). Life in general and specifically life in Christ is full of detours, interruptions, and unexpected stops. The better strategy is to be prepared for anything; to be flexible and ready to adjust your sails (plans) to catch the wind (Spirit); and to keep moving forward on your journey/pilgrimage.

Those who fail to prepare, will not be ready for the next turn in their journey or they may miss it all together. Is this what Paul means when he says, “unless you fail the test?” We are to examine and test ourselves by asking God to root out any wrong motives or hurtful ways in us (Psalm 139:23-24) and to make sure we are on course and tracking with Christ. I have to do this daily. What do you think the test is?