Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 23, 2022 at 6:40 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, July 23, 2022

Sadly, all of us have a story like Janet’s. In the worldly culture we live in, we all have family members, close friends or neighbors that have fallen prey to a Godless World of sin, addiction, and destructive life choices. It has always been this way. The answer to these situations is not money, although sometimes there is an immediate need that may require financial assistance. We who are in Christ know the answer. It is Jesus and the restoration of a right relationship with God, and a life ordered in accordance with Scripture.

Yes, I am growing in my awareness of Jesus Christ in me through the indwelling Holy Spirit. Yes, I know that everywhere the river flows everything will live, but I also know from personal experience that not everyone will accept the living water that flows through me and that is available to those in Christ. I am reminded of the old saying, that you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make them drink, especially if they are not thirsty. Not everyone will accept what we have to give them no matter how hard we try. Not everyone will be healed and jump up praising God.

So what are we to do? I think Janet’s story is a good model. There a time and place for offering monetary support, but there needs to be limits. Otherwise, you may just be enabling more bad behavior. There is also a time and place for truth telling, witnessing, and calling them out in the name of Jesus. There also comes a time when all we can do is love them; live a Godly life before them; and pray for their healing. Pray that the Holy Spirit would bring them under conviction and make them thirsty for the healing water we have to give them.