Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 24, 2022 at 6:08 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, July 24, 2022

Is life rendering a verdict, and is that verdict a Christian verdict? In my personal experience that is definitely the case. There is only one way to live a life of fulfillment, meaning and purpose, and that is a life hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3). God created us for this Way. All other ways lead to dead ends and destruction period. We are predestined to live in Christ (Ephesians 1:11). I have seen this reality of life repeated over and over again in the lives of others.

I have a hard time understanding why anyone would choose any other way. I have come to two conclusions regarding this matter. First, it is because they have never heard the Gospel. No one has ever told them (Romans 10:14). The way of the World is louder, wider, less costly, and more appealing than the way of the Cross. There are many that will choose this way over the more narrow way (Matthew 7:13).

Secondly, it is because the ones who have told them did a bad job. Their hypocrisy and condemnation speaks louder than the good news of the Gospel. The modern church has failed to preach the Way and in many ways has pushed people away. They have become de-churched and turned off. Additionally, many of those who profess to be Christian and who are sitting in our churches have not become Disciples of the Way, because the modern church has preached a gospel of conversion and not one of sanctification and scriptural Holiness. They are not equipped; they are not good witnesses; and they are not being the Body of Christ (the Church) for others.

So what’s the answer to this situation. It is to return to our first love, the Way, and to preach and teach the Way using words and modeling the change we desire to see in others. It’s about believing, being, and blessing. It’s about Grace and Truth. It’s about salvation and sanctification. Lord let it be so with me!