Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 29, 2022 at 6:42 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, July 29, 2022

I feel like today’s Text(s) are revisiting already plowed ground, which is a good thing. Repetition helps us imprint these Scriptures in our hearts and minds. I have already shared my reflections on 2 Corinthians 3:18, but I look forward to where the “Wake Up Call” bus or boat will take us next with this verse.

There is one new thing in today’s reading that caught my attention and may help us more clearly understand the role of the Holy Spirit in the actualization of our new nature (Christ Nature) that is found only in Christ. I have never liked the term self-actualization either. It implies that it is all about me and my efforts. That becoming a whole and fully actualized person is a matter of getting all my needs met. I believe that you can have all of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs and still not reach your full potential if you are not in Christ.

But I digress, the one new thing that today’s reading adds to my learning is “to always keep the gift of the Holy Spirit stirred up within you.” I am a huge fan of Maxie Dunham, so when he is quoted, I pay attention. What I hope we discuss in the coming days is how do we keep the Holy Spirit stirred up within us. I am tempted to email Maxie and ask him.

Keeping the gift of the Holy Spirit stirred up can be a slippery slope of self-actualization and self-referenced effort in my opinion. God, the Holy Spirit, is not someone we can manipulate or conjure up. I am sure Maxie did not mean that. I believe it is more a matter of releasing, surrendering, and submitting to the Gift of the Holy Spirit within us. That usually happens for me when I cease my striving, shut up, and listen. When I die to myself and I am fully dependent on Him. I could go on and on about this, but I will rest for now. Come Holy Spirit, have your way within me!