Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 3, 2022 at 5:38 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, August 3, 2022

It seems to me that we are tracking together. The first part of the Gospel, salvation, is a matter of “believing and beginning.” The second part of the Gospel, holiness (sanctification), is “beholding and becoming.” I would add to this framework blessing, which is doing, faith in action. For me, the deeper walk focuses on forming a more loving union with God and is a matter of being like Him, so that He can bless others through me and my actions.

Today’s text and reading brings “glory” into the picture. The word “glory” invokes in me the presence of God. In our present form, this is revealed to us in the person of Jesus Christ, as portrayed in the Scriptures, and in the presence of the Holy Spirit that lives within us. The text says that, we are moving unveiled from one degree of glory to another. The veil is being torn away and we can see Him more clearly, which enables us follow Him more nearly. His presence in us makes this possible and apart from Him we can do nothing. Once again the key concept is being in Christ and Christ in us, which is the hope of Glory (Colossians 1:27). I look forward to where the “Awakening Bus” takes us next.