Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 4, 2022 at 6:31 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, August 4, 2022

The verses that spoke to me in today’s reading are: “How long will you waver between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow him; but if Baal is God, follow him.” That’s where I see Christians in America today, wavering between two opinions, the World and God. We are polarized on everything from politics to religion. We need an Elijah to call down the fire of the Lord and to clearly demonstrate to all people that there is “one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all” (Ephesians 4:4-6).

We actually have an Elijah in the person of Jesus Christ, but we can’t even agree on who He is and what He taught. Why is that and what will it take to wake people up and open their eyes to the one God and the only opinion that counts? Why do we waste time debating and wavering between our opinions? The answer “comes from the Lord who is Spirit.” The Holy Spirit is our present day prophet and teacher and only He can convict the people to see that the Lord Jesus Christ is God. Only the Holy Spirit can transform. Come Holy Spirit bring down Holy Fire from above.