Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 7, 2022 at 6:19 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, August 7, 2022

“To be in Christ is to be in life, to be out of Christ is to be out of life. He is Life. All else is anti-life. If I want to live, this is the way. I can live some other way and get hurt.” I had a restless night last night, so the contrarian is probably coming out in me, but I have a question about today’s devotion.

I agree that being in Christ is the only way to really live in this World and to receive the gift of eternal life. Those who want to live, give their life in the World to Christ (John 12:25). However, In my experience, one can be in Christ and live their life this way and still get hurt. All the splinters are not turned the other way and bad things still happen to people who are in Christ. Far be it for me to argue with E. Stanley Jones, so what is he saying in today’s devotion?

I think he is saying that there is only one choice. All other options are vanity, blowing in the wind, and they lead to destruction and eternal death. Even if you do get hurt in this life, it pales in comparison to the hurt in life without Christ. I have experienced that and trust me there is a big difference. Nothing, not even death, can separate me from the love of God that is in Christ (Romans 38-39). What do you think?