Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 9, 2022 at 6:53 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, August 9, 2022

My mind is running wild with today’s reading. I could go in a lot of different directions, but I will try to stick to the text and JD’s profound statement that, “The pathway to the surpassing glory opens up when we learn to glorify God not in response to the rain, but in the midst of a seemingly never ending drought.” His greatest blessings are definitely in our unanswered prayers. The New Wine, the Greater Glory, is in the crushing, the pressing, and the surrendering of all.

I am constantly reminded of this because for most of my life there has been only short periods of drought. Most of my prayers have been answered and most of my praises have been the result of blessings (rain) not drought. I often ask myself, would you still praise Him if you lost everything. Can I “sustain trust and faith in a God who withholds rain for a time, knowing there is a greater purpose that leads to a surpassing glory?” Am I willing to accept that the “revelation of the glory of God requires a season(s) of pruning and purging?”

I believe the answer is yes, because “I have read the back of the book and we win” (The Cathedrals). My apologies to the younger readers that don’t know the traditional Hymns and don’t listen to Southern Gospel music. We are in a time of extended drought, pruning, and purging. I believe God is preparing the Holy Remnant for greater glory and for His sake. I want to be in that number and I am willing to pay the cost. What about you?

P.S. I don’t believe Baal’s most common alias today is money. I believe it is government money. We have turned from God and turned to governments to bring the rain. In the Church, we have turned to budgets, buildings, and bureaucracies instead of the greater glory for God’s sake. It is time to separate the sheep from the goats. Jesus, “bring New Wine out of me.”