Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 15, 2022 at 6:31 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, August 15, 2022

I also appreciate the shift in the NIV translation that JD uses. The KJV and NASB uses “I can do all things,” which can cause us to focus on the personal success or performance approach, I can do everything and Jesus will help. It took me a long time to realize that it’s not about me and what I can do. It is about Him and what He has already done and what He wants to do with me for the sake of others. This does mean “learning to flourish in doing the will of God regardless of external circumstances.” It also means being sanctified and consecrated, equipped for service in the Kingdom by the transforming power of the Holy Spirit that comes from our Tishbe training camp and times in the ravines of life.

In Experiencing God, Henry Blackaby says it’s a matter of finding out where God is already working and joining Him there. It’s a matter of listening to God and doing what He says regardless of the circumstances. This what Elijah is doing.

I am learning to interpret the circumstances in my life as opportunities not obstacles. I am learning to cease my striving and listen to Jesus and to do what He says without hesitation or objection. I am not there by a long shot, but “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”