Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 20, 2022 at 6:07 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, August 20, 2022

There are several Linda’s in my life. I continuously pray for them and that God would use me to draw them closer to Him. I have yet to have any of them respond like in today’s story, but I will not give up on the lost.

I have far more family members and friends that would profess to know Jesus as their Savior, but they are not living with Him as Lord of their life in terms of belonging to a community of faith. There is no outward evidence of them doing anything to feed their souls. They are too busy with family, work, and the things of this world. In some cases, they are de-churched. They have been harmed or misled by the very people that should be showing them and modeling for them the Way. The hypocrisy and mean spirited nature of “church people” continues to baffle me.

I mostly see this as a failure of the modern organized denominational church. They preach a Gospel of conversion at the expense of a Gospel of Discipleship. This is what Dallas Willard calls the “The Great Omission.” There is not much that I can do about this, although Lord knows I have tried. I have concluded that my best approach is to encourage them to find a Bible believing, high invitation and high challenge church; to continue to pray for them; and to model the Way for them. Lord help me!