Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 21, 2022 at 6:27 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, August 21, 2022

Good morning “anchor buddies” and greetings from St. Augustine Beach. As I sit here with a cup of coffee meditating on today’s reading from E. Stanley Jones’s Devotional and waiting for the sunrise, I am struck by the binary nature of our World. We live in a culture that values multiple choices, but in reality there are only two choices: male or female; light or darkness; good or evil; on or off; and in Christ or out of Christ. There is no middle ground or compromise between the two choices despite what modern culture teaches and our human sensibilities may tell us.

As our text suggests, there are only Two Worlds or two Kingdoms. The World in Christ and the Kingdom of God and the World out of Christ and in the Kingdom of Satan. We fail to recognize the binary nature of that choice at our own peril as vividly described in today’s reading. On the surface this proposition sounds intolerant. Surely there are many choices and paths to knowing the one true God. Where does this proposition come from? It comes from the Words of the Creator of the Universe and you either choose to believe all of it or not.

Another thought to ponder is stepping in and out of Christ as illustrated in today’s reading. Some, including me, believe in once saved always saved. Salvation is by Grace alone. Therefore, there is nothing we can do to earn it and there is nothing we can do to lose it, but is there a difference between being saved and going to Heaven and being In Christ? I think so, what about you?