Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 23, 2022 at 6:13 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, August 23, 2022

“De-centering” is a fundamental step in the deeper spiritual journey. It is realizing that it is not about you. It’s self denial. It’s accepting that the way up is down and that I must decrease in order for Him to increase. It is about ceasing your striving and waiting on the lord. It is about attachment not detachment. As JD says, it is to “get our eyes on someone else; to become so fixed on another that we forget ourselves.”

I think that is the way transformation works. We make Christ the Center of our life; and our number one priority; and we keep our eyes focused on Him, beholding what He has done and is doing in the World. He is our only Rabbi and our North Star. We make Him and His Word the only lens we use to view the World and others. It is both a simple and profound process.

A word of caution, it is not just a matter of believing and beholding. At some point we have to act. We have to do what He did and is doing. We grow and learn by doing, not by sitting and beholding. He didn’t say sit there and be disciple makers. He said, “Go, therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:19-20).

This is a call to action not to endless reflection and analysis. As I have said many times before, the deeper spiritual journey (sanctification and consecration) is a matter of both being and doing. That’s why He said we must deny ourselves, pick up our cross, and follow Him. It is important to note that this call to action appears in all four of the Gospel accounts. If anybody is ready to go, to baptize, and to teach, please let me know.