Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 25, 2022 at 6:39 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, August 25, 2022

My apologies to those that don’t think Christ followers, especially pastors and teachers, should talk about politics (I can see your eyes rolling). The story of Elijah and the books of 1&2 Kings is all about Kings, politics and government rule. I could not help but draw some parallels between America’s King and ruling party today and Israel’s during the reign of Ahab.

Our founding Fathers were endowed by God with wisdom from above. That is why our Constitution and all our currency boldly declares that “In God We Trust.” Our current leadership, just like King Ahab, has violated that trust and has committed the “sins of Jeroboam,” which is idolatry. They have not set up a literal Altar for Baal or erected an Asherah Pole in Washington D.C., but they have made government money the source of security and they do not trust God’s Word as the source of truth and security. Name me one policy of this administration that does not violate God’s Word.

Our trust and security must be in God and His Word alone or we will loose God’s favor and provision. That’s what happened to Adam and Eve. That’s what happened to Israel and that’s what will happen to America if we don’t change. God’s Word is the only source of truth and our security. To trust in God means to obey His Commandments. I am sorry, but that is what I am thinking as I reflect on today’s reading.