Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 26, 2022 at 6:13 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, August 26, 2022

“We are living in a very fallen world which is being run and administrated by very broken people, many of whom are directly or indirectly responsible for propagating corrupted structures and systems, and being otherwise active or complicit in one degree or another with the allowance and doing of wicked and evil things.” JD’s commentary on today’s text affirms what I was saying yesterday about our current situation. We even have a Jezebel, the Department of Justice, that is going after our prophets, anyone who opposes the King or the policies of the current administration.

What struck me was what he said next, “And these same entities are filled with Obadiah’s.” Obadiah was, “a devout believer in the Lord.” He did not sit idly by or hide out in the Temple while all this was happening. He took action. JD says, “You must be an active doer of goodness and righteousness in such scenarios. You must be a luminous witness of Light. It is not about touting your beliefs while phoning in your witness. It is about the quiet, risky, costly—often hidden and known to no-one—deeds of sacrificial love that win the day and gain the applause of Heaven.” He says, “We will need real bona fide training in righteousness.”

JD has identified the why and the what. My question is how can we be an Obadiah and raise up more Obadiah’s without being guilty of the same wickedness we see in the current administration? What does real bona fide training in righteousness look like and how can we be an active doer of good and righteous in these scenarios? I am not sure, but I think the answer is to make Disciples like Jesus did and send them out “wise as serpents and harmless as doves” (Matthew 10:16). What do you think?