Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 27, 2022 at 6:15 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, August 27, 2022

I don’t have a Holy Spirit story for broken family relationships to share, but I am still praying for one in my family and in other families. Unfortunately, broken family relationships seem to be the norm these days. Forgiveness and prayer are the only ways to move from glory to glory in these situations. Loving them like they never hurt you and making the first move toward reconciliation is the best approach in my experience, but even then it takes time for healing and you can’t control the other parties response. All you can do is pray for the Holy Spirit to move in the hearts of all involved.

I do have a much less dramatic story that demonstrates how the Holy Spirit moves in ordinary everyday situations. We have been blessed by spiritual friends with a free week at the beach in their lovely condo. As I write this, I am looking out over the beach and ocean watching the sunrise. It has been a great week apart with lots of time for rest and relaxation. While we have been here we have met a retired Baptist preacher and another couple who pastor a non-denominational church in Ohio. We were blessed with sharing our stories, and our ministry struggles and opportunities with these brothers and sisters in the Body of Christ. Of all the people here, God put us together. Go figure!