Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 31, 2022 at 5:48 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, August 30, 2022

“What do you make of this entire unfolding story? Does it encourage you? Are you aligning your life with the pattern of awakening—God reveals and we respond. Are you learning to trust what you can’t see?” My take is that it should be a wake up call to all real Christ Followers. My answers to the all the other questions is YES.

I am not offended and I agree with almost everything JD is saying. The system is broken and would be a terrible system, if were not for all the other systems of governance in the World. I think both Democrats and Republicans get it wrong and I really don’t identify with any political party or worldly ideology.

However, if I have to choose, and we should choose (vote) between the Republicans and Christian Nationalism over the Democrats and Secular Progressivism, I will choose the Republicans and Christian Nationalism every time. I suggest you think about your core values and the public policies that support those values; and then vote for the candidates that come the closest to aligning with your values and that support public policies that align with them. To not choose and not vote holding out for a third option is to deny our current reality.

Having said that, I do believe Christ Followers should be modern day Elijah’s and prophets whose unflinching and costly loyalty is to the one God of the Universe. We should not be beholding to a leader or a party and be thoroughly detached from our own self-interest. We should not be looking for common ground (tenable moderate positions) between Democrats and Republicans. We should be working to elect candidates that radically support God’s values, His agenda, and His Kingdom ideology. Our hope is in God alone.

P.S. I am late in sharing my reflections for reasons I will explain later.