Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 1, 2022 at 6:52 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, September 1, 2022

First, I would say that JD is right. Elijah needed a Band of brothers. I would go on to say that everyone needs a Band. There are no solo heroes in this World. You can’t become like Christ for the sake of others without a deep loving relationship with God and others. You can’t make the discipleship journey of sanctification and transformation alone. Going to church once a week for an hour does not make you a Disciple and does not equip you to face the Jezebels in your life. You need more. You need a Band to pray for you; to encourage you; and most importantly to hold you accountable. It is the way to move from Glory to Glory.

Then I would say, God is always two steps ahead of me. I was lying in bed this morning praying about who to invite to join me on my next Journey of Banded Discipleship. This morning’s reading and reflecting on Elijah’s situation and how it is really similar to ours gives me the encouragement I need to contact the men that I have been praying for and invite them on this journey with me.