Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 2, 2022 at 6:56 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, September 2, 2022

The cure for exhaustion isn’t rest. It’s wholeheartedness.” How do you resonate with this? What is your heart telling you?

JD seems to be jumping around, but let’s stick with him. Elijah did rest, in fact he rested twice (1 Kings 19:5-6). It was not until the second time, that the Angel came to him and said arise and eat, that Elijah got up and went to Mt. Horeb, the mountain of God (Verses 7-8). BTW, in case you are using the NASB or KJV of the Bible, it is a Juniper tree that Elijah sat under. Juniper is a type of broom known as white broom that is an erect dense bush 3-12 feet tall, but I digress.

So what about “whole heartedness? Whole heartedness means “completely and sincerely devoted, determined, or enthusiastic, marked by complete earnest commitment, free from all reserve or hesitation” (Merriam-Webster Dictionary). That is definitely what it takes to follow Christ. That is the way to move from Glory to Glory regardless of how tired or exhausted you are. When you can’t go, He can and He will carry you with Him, but I still believe rest and nourishment are important. That is why God gave us the Sabbath.