Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 5, 2022 at 6:07 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, September 5, 2022

There is a lot of stuff in JD’s reflections on today’s Text. Reading scripture better (eating Whole Foods) caught my attention, but since he promises to say more about that tomorrow, I won’t comment on that now. If you didn’t click on the link for “a spirilical (new word) movement,” you need to do so in order to grasp the nature God’s Word God’s Love, and how it works in us.

I understand it this way. God is love and God’s Word is love. Jesus is the embodiment of God’s love and God’s Word. When we invite Jesus into our hearts, we invite God’s love and Word into our hearts and our heart is changed from a heart of stone to a heart of flesh (Ezekiel 36:26). When we feed on the Word the result is whole heartedness, which results in a profound love of God and a profound love of others.

The movement of God’s love within and out of us is not a closed system or loop (circle). It is not not transactional. It is transformational. It is a open system and an ever increasing spiral of love. Where one small act of sacrificial kindness/love can start an ever expanding movement of love. This is why our goal is to become more like Christ for the sake of others.