Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 7, 2022 at 7:00 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, September 7, 2022

Actually I like both Strawberry shortcake and straight Strawberries, but I see JD’s point. Devotionals or reading what other people have to say about God’s Word is no substitute for reading (eating) the Word itself and meditating on it night and day (Joshua 1:8). I don’t spend much of my time just reading the Bible. I am not a fan of daily reading programs because they don’t work for me. They seem to lack purpose.

I am a prolific reader, but I spend more of my time studying the Word of God than just randomly or even orderly reading the scriptures. Some would say I am reading for information not for transformation. Others would say that I am guilty of extraction or deductive Bible study rather than emersion and inductive Bible study. There is truth in all of these statements and I confess that this is an area of spiritual growth for me. However, I have been a student and teacher of the Word for so long that the Word is now firmly embedded in my heart. The Holy Spirit causes me to remember what I have read and studied before and apply it to every life situation. The Word of God is my light and a guide for my path in life (Psalm 119:105).

As far as the nutritional labels on the food I consume is concerned, It would be pretty good. If you look at the end table next to my “Jesus Chair,” you won’t find much junk food. I read mostly Whole Foods that are filled with the Word of God. It is rare for me to read non-fiction and when I do I am reading it through a Biblical lens looking for how the Grace and Truth of God is illustrated.