Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 8, 2022 at 5:12 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, September 8, 2022

David, What are you doing here? As we have discussed before there are two fundamental questions in life common to all: Who am I and what am I doing here? Your destiny and the quality of your life is dependent on your answer to these questions. The only place you can find the answer to these questions is in the Word of God. You are who He says you are and your purpose is to serve Him.

JD is right, “Victimhood and survivorhood are real things; and they are realities that must be worked through and healed from, but they are not your identity. They happened to you, and they will try to define you, but they are not who you are. Such things are the common lot of the human race. If allowed to take root they produce in us a kind of entitlement complex; the sense that someone owes us something. This must be renounced until it has finally been released.” Unfortunately, far to many people are defined by their circumstances and have taken on the role of victim. The system is against me and I am entitled to more than what I have. This leads to a sense of entitlement and a perverted “conception of justice that defies the ancient reality of biblical justice.”

We need to lovingly and gently tell these people to get over it. You are not entitled to anything; nothing you have is really yours; and it is not about you anyhow. You are only a victim by your own choosing. You weren’t created to just survive; You were meant to thrive. The only way to do that is to deny yourself; pick up your cross; and follow Jesus. Lord let it be so with me!