Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 11, 2022 at 5:51 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, September 11, 2022

I am blessed; I am living an abundant life; and I am living my dream. Joy is definitely my overtone and solemn is my undertone. I often ask myself why? I could say that it was because I was born in America: I had God fearing parents that loved me; they provided for me; they made sure that I got a good education; they taught me the value of hard work; and they stayed married for 72 years until death did them part. I could say it was because I made good life choices: I have avoided becoming addicted to drugs or alcohol; I have worked hard and pursued advance education; I didn’t have children out of wedlock; and I stayed married and remained faithful to my Godly wife for 45 years until death did us part. Then God gave me another Godly wife as my partner in life and to hold me accountable. All of these things are true, but they are not the reason for my abundant life.

In today’s woke culture there are those that would say that this is really because of “white privilege.” I reject that idea. The real reason I have an abundant life is because I chose Jesus and I have lived within the boundaries God has set for us and therefore I have His favor, protection, and provision. I am flawed, but faithful. My good choices have flowed out of my upbringing by Godly parents and my being in and abiding in Christ. And here is the good news, everyone can have this abundant life in Christ regardless of your past or current circumstances.