Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 14, 2022 at 7:00 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, September 14, 2022

The issue that today’s reading has reintroduced in my mind is that “There is our identity and then there is our image.” JD goes on to say when there is a disparity between the two, we are being “two faced.” What we try to do when this is case is hide it. We put on a mask or veil. This rarely works because people will eventually see the disparity between who we profess to be and who we really are. Our actions will betray us.

As Christ Followers, our identity, our being is in Christ. If this is the case, then our image should be a reflection of Him. When people look at us they should see Christ. As Martin Luther proposed and C.S. Lewis popularized in Mere Christianity, we should become “little Christs.” As JD says, “our identity and our image become one in the same. This is complete integration, deep wholeness, irresistible, ever-increasing, glorious radiance from the inside out. We go from being two-faced to being true-faced.”

I don’t know about you, but I am not there yet. I believe that when we accept Christ, our identity is changed at that moment, but our image changes over time. What I am trying to do is focus on those practices that integrates my identity and my image and makes them one. What I think I am learning is that what really needs to happen is for my image to die, so that all that remains is my unveiled identity in Christ. Lord make it so with me!