Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 21, 2022 at 6:21 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, September 21, 2022

I am glad JD corrected himself. He was headed down the wrong path in my view and experience. In this World, we are always in the “wilderness.” You are either going through it or you are preparing for the next wilderness experience. In some cases, your entire life is a wilderness experience, so to define God’s Prosperity as when we get out of the desert is flawed thinking. JD is absolutely correct, “In the kingdom of God, prosperity is not tied to our circumstances.” In fact, some of my most prosperous times have occurred in the midst of the storm in the middle of the wilderness.

I am like Paul, “I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength” (Phil. 4:11–13). This is not because I am some super Saint or Disciple. It has come with age and years of experience with the wilderness. It is nothing I have done. It is what He has done for me and through me in times of wilderness. I often humble myself by saying, what if He took it all away and I died in the wilderness? I pray my response would be, “though He slay me, I will hope in Him” (Job 13:15).