Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 22, 2022 at 5:36 am

The Seedbed Daily, September 22, 2022

Those that have been reading the Daily Text for a long time will recognize this reading from a previous series. It is one of my favorites. Preemptive obedience is an important lesson, if you want to bless others and be blessed by doing God’s Will.

For me preemptive obedience means that I have decided to follow Jesus before He tells me what to do and regardless of the cost. I have already calculated the cost of discipleship and I have said yes Lord! Then it becomes a matter of being and doing, revelation and response without hesitation or analysis paralysis.

The challenge to preemptive obedience is to make sure it is God that is speaking. There are other voices in the room and we can be deceived by them and/or our own mind. There are two things you can do that will help you make sure it’s God speaking. First, learn to recognize His voice before you need to hear Him. This is done by listening to Him more than others and knowing His Word by meditating on it night and day.

The second thing you can do is seek wise counsel from other Christ Followers who know you well and know His voice and His Word. Seek affirmation from those whom you have an intimate relationship with. This is where having a small group (Home Church Group) and a Band of Brothers or Sisters comes into play.

A final thing you can do is test the spirits (1 John 4:1-6). If it does not confess (align with) Jesus (Love), it is not from God. We can also put out a fleece like Gideon did (Judges 6:36-40). Having said all this, sometimes you just have to go with it and trust and obey.