Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 27, 2022 at 6:05 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, September 27, 2022

Today’s reading is a good follow on to yesterday’s reading. The statement that struck me was, “Real Christianity is about understanding oneself as subject to God and becoming mastered by Jesus Christ.” I understand myself as being subject to God, but I am just beginning to fully realize what it means to be mastered by Jesus Christ.

It’s not about me mastering in knowledge about Him, but becoming mastered by Him through knowing and an intimate relationship. He is the pioneer and perfecter of my faith. How can I throw off everything that hinders me and the sin that so easily entangles me, and run with perseverance the race marked out for me? It is by focusing on Him and knowing Him more deeply (Hebrews 12:1-2). As JD says, “it requires us to humble ourselves and confess that we might not be there quite yet; not that we aren’t on the way, but that the Way just might be a whole lot more than we ever comprehended.” The part that troubles me is that the Way might be a whole lot more than I ever comprehended. What is the more that is required?