Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 2, 2022 at 6:00 am

The Wake-Up Call October 2, 2022

The first scripture that came to mind when I read today’s devotional reading was John 1:1-5, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.” The Deity of Christ and the sovereignty of the Word of God is an orthodox non-negotiable belief that is inescapable as today’s reading illuminates.

People of all faiths in the one God are “waking-up” to the reality of this belief. Christianity is growing in these areas, Africa and Asia in particular, despite the decline here in America. I personally believe that one of the reasons for the decline of Christianity in America is changes in beliefs about who Christ is. Despite what the episcopal leadership and the media will tell you about the reasons for the schism occurring in the United Methodist Church, it is not because of differences over issues of human sexuality. Top on my lists of reasons for leaving the UMC is the deity of Christ and the sovereignty and authority of the Word of God.