Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 6, 2022 at 6:14 am

The Seedbed Wake-Up Call, October 6, 2022

I understand that we came from dirt, but we are not dirt. We are made in the image of God (Genesis 1:26) and “I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well” (Psalm 139:14, NASB). God made us from the dust of the ground and to that our earthly bodies will return when it dies, but as the saying goes God does not make junk.

So the dirt analogy does not work for me in terms of defining humility.

Sorry JD 😢. Humility for me is realizing that we are not God and that everything is not about me. It is not thinking less of myself, but thinking of my self less often. It is putting the interest of others before my own. It is forbearance and forgiving. It’s loving others like you have never been hurt.

As JD says, false humility is “self abnegation or deprecation or the pretense of elevating others while seeming to lower oneself.” It is self flagellation for the purpose of elevating or glorifying yourself. It is often used as an excuse. I am just a human, a powerless unworthy sinner that can’t change anything, I am just dirt. No you are not! You are a Child of God, a joint heir with Christ, who has been given the power and authority in Christ to change the World, so start acting like it. It will be interesting to see where JD takes this tomorrow.